To request and utilize scans:
Step 1. Make a request in Virgo
- Locate materials you would like to request in the Virgo catalog.
- In an individual item record, scroll to the bottom and click Request a scan. Sign in as prompted. If the Request a scan button is not present, the item may be available digitally or have other restrictions. Use the Ask a Librarian web chat for assistance.
- Under Scan Purpose, select Research if it is for personal research use. Select Instruction if you are an instructor and your request is for use in the classroom.
- Fill out the form and click Submit Request.
- As soon as the request has been filled, you will receive an e-mail that contains a link to a PDF of your requested document.
See detailed steps for making requests in Virgo.
For questions or assistance with Instructional Scanning Services, contact: (434) 924-0941 or email@example.com.
Step 2. Upload scanned files to your UVACollab course site.
Refer to How do I upload files to Resources? for steps to upload the scanned file(s) to your UVACollab course site.